Due to major building activity, some collections are unavailable. Please check your requests before visiting. Learn more.
Libraries are required to understand and accept the following conditions for requesting material from the National Library of Australia’s collections.
- We are implementing a digital-first approach to supply, and physical loans are not currently available as we transition our services. We are able to supply full digital items where requests comply with copyright and other rights.
- Due to the range of material held by the National Library, it is not possible to clearly outline availability. However we will advise if the item you have requested is not available for digital reproduction.
- For more information on usage conditions for specific types of material see the National and State Libraries of Australasia Collaborative Lending Principles.
- We offer Digitisation on Demand services in accordance with our Interlibrary Loan Policy.
- When available, the physical loan period for material borrowed from the National Library is 10 weeks, with one optional extension.
- If you require an extension please email us. Additional charges will apply.
- For some special or heavily used material, the loan period is 5 weeks with no extensions.
Overdue and lost items
- We will email you an overdue notice if you do not return the loaned item by its due date. If we do not receive response within 90 business days, we will assume the item is lost and send you an invoice for its replacement.
- We will send you a first and a final reminder before issuing the invoice, allowing you enough time to either email us or return the item.
- The charge for each lost item is $300.00 AUD (GST inclusive). This includes a $150 non-refundable administrative fee on issue of the invoice. We reserve the right to charge the full replacement cost of valuable, rare or hard-to-replace items.