Rules of Association
The Friends of the National Library of Australia Inc. (Friends) are governed by the Rules of Association the Associations Incorporation Act 1991 (ACT) and associated regulations. Members are also expected to comply with the Members Code of Conduct.
Annual General Meetings (AGM)
The Annual General Meeting of the Friends of the National Library of Australia must be held by 30 November each year. This meeting includes:
- Reports from the Chair and Treasurer.
- Presentation of the audited statements for the previous financial year.
- The election of the following year’s Committee. (Note: Nominations for the Committee are called for through the Friends eNews and must be received at least one month in advance of the AGM).
- Announcement of the recipient of the Friends Medal and the Friends Creative Arts Fellowship.
The 2022 AGM was held on Thursday 10 November 2022.
- 2022 Friends of the NLA AGM agenda and papers with financial statements
- 2022 AGM Draft Minutes
- 2022 AGM Summary Report for members
The 2021 AGM was held on Thursday 4 November 2021.
The 2020 AGM was held on Thursday 26 November 2020.
The 2019 AGM was held on Thursday 21 November 2019.
The 2018 AGM was held on Thursday 22 November 2018.
Special General Meetings
Special General Meetings of the Friends of the National Library are held from time to time as necessary. Notice of Special General Meetings will be given to members no later than 14 days in advance of the appointed General Meeting.