FAQs: Request to change a Trove record

FAQ: I believe some information in Trove is wrong, how can I change it?

The records in Trove come directly from the institution that catalogued the item, and they are the only ones who can make alterations. This includes National Library collections items.

Please contact the institution that holds the item to request changes.

  Don't know who holds the item? Find out

  National Library collection item? Ask a Librarian


FAQ: I have additional information about something in Trove, how can I include it?

If you have additional information about an item you can include it in Trove to help other users through a ‘Comment’.


FAQ: Something in Trove shouldn't be there, how can I request to remove it?

If there’s something in Trove which you believe infringes your rights, or, for example, contravenes privacy law, is defamatory, or in breach of copyright, you may submit a takedown request.