It is possible to search for items that have been recently updated in Trove by adding lastupdated:[yyyy-mm-ddT00:00:00Z TO *] to your search. To search replace ‘yyyy-mm-dd’ with the earliest date from which you would like to search. With newspapers this will include both newly added items and items that have had their text recently corrected.
You can also be notified when new items are added to a particular set of search results.
Searching across all zones
- Search Trove for your desired topic
- Filter the results until you’re happy with the remaining list.
- Scroll to the bottom of the search results screen until you see ‘Subscribe to this web feed’ and the RSS icon
- Click on ‘Subscribe to this web feed’
- Click ‘Subscribe to this feed’ in the box at the top of the screen
You can then access this search again from the Favourites or Bookmarks menu in your browser.
More information on RSS feeds and readers
Feeds can be accessed through your internet browser.
You can also take advantage of feeds using an RSS reader. Use your reader to subscribe to as many different feeds as you like. Then, check your reader regularly to see if anything new has arrived.
If many new items matching your search are added to Trove in a short period of time, they may not all be included in the feed.
(Please note that other feed readers besides those listed also exist. The National Library of Australia does not endorse any particular product or service.)