Trove is big. With more than 370 million resources spread across ten content zones it can sometimes be difficult to find exactly what you want. Here we explain a range of search tips and strategies, from simple to advanced.
The focus here is on content other than digitised newspapers – there's another section with specific information about searching newspapers.
In this section
- Getting started – simple techniques for searching and browsing
- Refining your results – how to narrow your search using facets and filters
- Power searching – take control with these advanced search techniques
- Handy search tips – bonus hints and background details
- Adding Trove to your website or browser - embed the Trove search box in your website
Hints for specific resource types
- Finding pictures – tips for exploring Australian images
- Finding theses – ways of searching and using Australian research
- Finding music & dance – introducing the performing arts selected subject view
- Finding people – using the people and organisations zone
- Searching newspapers – find digitised newspaper articles