Digitised Newspapers and Gazettes form the largest of Trove’s collections with access provided to over 18.5 million pages from more than 1000 Australian newspapers. Newspapers are digitised under the Australian Newspaper Digitation Program with the aim of making as many publications available online as possible.
A Gazette is an official publication for the purpose of notifying the public of government business. If you would like to know more about Gazettes, the National Library has published a comprehensive guide.
In this section
- Background – the what & why of newspaper digitisation
- New titles – what's coming next & how you can be involved
- Searching in newspapers – hints for constructing effective searches
- Browsing in newspapers - tips for browsing by state, year and more
- Creating and contributing - tags, comments and lists
- Downloading and printing - tips for saving a copy of an article or page
- Issues with viewing - common questions and answers
- Viewing & citing articles – getting the best out of our interface
- Correcting text – join the crowd and fix OCR errors