Articles in newspapers and gazettes are assigned to broad content categories to help narrow down searching. By default articles are assigned just one category. The basic categories for each are:
|Additional newspaper article categories available|
You can add further categories to an article from the relevant list where needed. For example, if another category is a better fit, or if more than one category would apply to an article and would be helpful in searching.
Add a category to an article
- When viewing an article click on the ‘Categories’ button in the side bar. The original category for the article and any that have been added are displayed.
- Select the relevant category from the available list and select 'Save' to apply the category to the article.
All categories added are public.
Removing a category
- You may only delete categories you added yourself as a registered user.
- Click on the 'Categories' button as above to see the categories for an article.
- To remove a category you have previously applied, click the large 'X' next to the category.